“You have the fattest recipes of all…and soon also the fattest friends.” That was my friends reaction to the brownies I baked yesterday. They were originally meant for my friend’s baby shower, but (surprisingly…) I was so tired after the week at work that I had to skip the party. So that meant, that all the brownies were for me and S to eat! That sounds like a not-so-good idea, so I decided to give some for my friends to try too.
I love brownies, so for me these were not that ultimate. If you’re afraid of calories, then you should not try these out. I think I have written that sentence in some previous post too, haha. Seems like it’s basically impossible for me to cook/bake super healthy stuff. I will try harder, now when I also have less time to go to the gym (because of my work shifts)!
These brownies were a hit on my birthday party, and they will be a hit on your party too. The basic brownie recipe I took from my previous post (my fav brownies, always work) and doubled the amount. The inspiration for baking I got from Bakers Royale. Just take a look at their incredible photos! My photos aren’t very complementary, as I only now realize it’s not good to shoot brown on brown. Next time better!
Snickers Cheesecake Brownies
For the brownies:
250g bittersweet chocolate
1,5dl caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt (leave this out if you use salted butter)
2 large eggs
2,5dl all-purpose flour
For the cheesecake layer:
400g cream cheese
1dl confectioners sugar
+ 4 Snickers chocolate bars
Prepare brownies: Chop the chocolate and butter and place them in a metal bowl over boiling water (bain marie). Stir frequently until the mixture has melted. Remove from the heat and mix in sugar, vanilla and salt. Let cool.
Using an electric mixer, mix the eggs one at the time into the chocolate mixture. When incorporated, mix in the flour and beat with a wooden spoon until the dough is shiny and smooth, about one minute.
Preheat the oven to 200 C.
Grease your small(ish) brownie (or other) pan with butter. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
While the brownies are in the oven, prepare an ice bath (cold water + ice cubes) in your kitchen sink. After 20 minutes remove brownies from the oven and place the whole pan in the water bath to cool.
Prepare cheesecake layer: Mix all the ingredients together using an electric mixer. Pour the mixture on the cooled brownie and put back to the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until the cheesecake looks cooked and firm.
Let cool and then press the chopped Snickers into the cheesecake layer.
528 notes ()
- eskimofinn reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- friedfruit reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- shortoftheshore likes this
- devotee101 reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- honeycombhunter94 likes this
- lerawrrr likes this
- teddycola likes this
- monsterbae likes this
- cassie-osborn likes this
- she-will-be-loved-again likes this
- nekoringo1988 likes this
- reeseofarabia reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- reeseofarabia likes this
- dougsgirl8 likes this
- jskab reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- joshisloud likes this
- hawkeyfan31 likes this
- thegunsandlights likes this
- itedley likes this
- momo-s159 reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- momo-s159 likes this
- ayasjhkb reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- tini-emily likes this
- nanigoto likes this
- la-shezzatron reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- oh-mercy likes this
- sinopiia likes this
- tirinchiuderonegliocchimiei likes this
- jaytreesandair likes this
- carlilloos reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- heboughtherdiamonds likes this
- bigbird023 likes this
- lidvinidia likes this
- nothingmuchatalltosay likes this
- jes-10hi likes this
- chelsaecamille likes this
- greygooseandjollyranchers reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- chasingsunsacrossacircularpath reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- thatsonicao likes this
- kaylabearrrr likes this
- talorgilchrist likes this
- iammrtu reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- weallneedsavingsometime reblogged this from welcometochiefcountry
- liveyourlifebritt reblogged this from welcometochiefcountry
- tastelikecyanide reblogged this from aboutsouffle
- ummmerrrmmm likes this
- faggotmusprime reblogged this from w4nkerrs
- faggotmusprime likes this
- w4nkerrs reblogged this from aboutsouffle